Wednesday, April 27, 2011

La Revedere, America!

So, this is it: my last blog post from American soil. That is, unless I get bored at JFK later on. Speaking of, we hop a bus from Philly in about 45 minutes to head to JFK. (See that? That's called a transition.) From there, we get on flight to Munich and land tomorrow morning. Then it's a couple more hours to Bucharest, and a couple more hours (by bus) to our training site: Targoviste. We should be there by Thursday afternoon. We'll stay in a hotel Thursday and Friday nights, then meet our host families (gazdas) Saturday.

Yesterday, after everyone met at 12:30 and got registered, we did a bunch of staging activities and training. It's a lot of ice breakers and info, but it goes by quickly and is overall enjoyable. I'm pretty pumped about our group -- lots of good people; I can already see some great friendships starting.

Sounds like during pre-service training (the 10-week period that follows arrival) is going to be pretty busy, and time not spent in the classroom will be spent on language. Therefore, I might be in radio silence for a while. I trust you to find something to occupy yourself without the warming glow of my wit. Until next time.

1 comment:

  1. Loving the blog already. Good luck and safe travels. Can't wait to hear more once you get settled in Romania.

    ReplyDelete